17 April 2018

Another motif


Well I've added another motif to the Dora Young pattern so am committed now to carrying on. 

Why am I committed? Well I really now want to see how all the twirls end up!!!! 

This book (as I mentioned yesterday) is available from Tatting and Design here in the UK. When I think how desperate I was to get a copy just two years ago it's lovely to have it 'at hand' now. Dora really was a 'mover and shaker' in her day and even if the book MAY seem expensive there's a LOT in it to keep a tatter happy. 

The pictures aren't 'that' inspiring in the book (well the original book was published a long time ago) but if you search my blog posts from around this time last year you can see how most of them work up in 'modern' colours. 

Also there are some help notes too which are on a 'page' at the top of this blog. I'm here too if anybody needs extra help.

4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Joining the motifs creates wonderfully twirly bits.

Pigmini said...

It's looking good Miss... it's definitely on my roundtoit!

Maureen said...

I wonder what patterns there will be in the piece if you were to turn it into a small tablecloth? It looks so intricate.

God's Kid said...

I love how they almost seamlessly swirl into each other, beautiful motion!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.