26 January 2018

NOT to be confused!


With ice drops!!!!

With an ice drop!!!

Sue Hanson sent me some of these rectangular cabochons with the threads I bought off her back here.  

It's taken me a few weeks to get round to playing with them but I'm pleased to say work has started!!! They can't be called ice drops as they're not round so what CAN I call them when I've got a pattern to fit them?

Now this is going to take a wee while as I want to use this method of enclosing them but, of course, when I did this I was going round a round item!!!! 

I'll tell you one thing - I'll NOT be using glue at all as I don't believe in glue with tatting - well, except for stiffening sometimes.

This'll keep me quiet for a while, don't you think?!?!?

11 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

This ot to be good💎😄💎

God's Kid said...

I am sure they will be awesome!!! :)

Sewicked said...

That method still works with square. I did it with a mostly square piece of sea glass this summer. I think the picture is on my FB feed.

Jane McLellan said...

Oh yes, I look forward to seeing what BC3 comes up with.

Elizabeth said...

We all hope it doesn't take to long so we can see the finished product. We know it will be great.

Ladytats said...

they look like stained glass windows. with threads covering parts of them, i cam imagine them looking very elegant

Bernice said...

Think of those little corners used to put pictures into albums. So start with a square and adapt the corners to hold the rectangular cabochons. I don't know how big these are but if they are big you could try some interesting design across the top too. :)

Batty Tatter said...

Gems....perhaps

Batty Tatter said...

I might call them gems.

Batty Tatter said...

Gems...perhaps. If this went thru 3 times. Im sorry. Having troubles.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Lovely gems!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.