13 September 2016

I won!

The star prize.

At the very end of the weekend there was a draw.  To enter you had to put in an anonymous feedback form about what you thought about the weekend.  Obviously everyone wanted to win the prize but I wasn't really bothered as it was so HUGE and wouldn't fit in my suitcase anyway.  As so many people attended Tat Days there was no chance of winning but I popped my tear off slip from the bottom of the sheet and placed it in the box anyway.  It would be ungrateful not to take part.

There were several announcements before the the draw started and I'm afraid I wasn't paying attention as nearby there's a good wifi hotspot and I was leaning against the wall checking my iPad for emails.  Suddenly my name was called and I thought they were teasing me.  I get teased a lot at Tat Days which is part of the reason I love going.  When I realised that they really were calling my name I was beyond shocked to find out that I'd won the monster prize.  Do you want to know what was in there?  Well, a short, very short list is - thread, beads, a wonderful folding lamp, photo albums (for tatting), chocolate, thread, beads, more thread, postcards, magnetic tins, photo frames (for tatting), thread and many other treasures.

Now to work out how to get it home - minus the chocolate, of course!

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

I would be happy to take the monster prize off your hands so you won't have to worry about it :). Congratulations on the big win!

Crazy Mom! said...

Of course I know you are in DIRE need of more thread!!!!

God's Kid said...

Awesome!! :)

Marilee Rockley said...

Congratulations on winning the big prize!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You did look a bit stunned when you were usher d up to claim your prize! I'm sure you'll be able to tuck everything in your bags. Where there's a will, there's a way!

Pigmini said...

You can always send it by post... In case you can't remember... The county is Yorkshire!! Need the rest of the addy?? Rofl

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.