25 April 2016

Normal service!

Normal tatting will be resumed tomorrow but I simply HAVE to tell you/show you what I've been doing this past weekend. As you all know it's been the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death so the town has been busy and it's been a load of fun.

Here are a few pictures (below) and a link to the videos I took on Youtube.

Shakespeare live was filmed and shown on the television during the evening.  Proud to be a true Stratfordian?  You BET I AM.  Born and bred here and generations before me.  Can't beat it!!!






8 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm intrigued by that "starry "sculpture coming out of the wall - is it actually 3-d?
You are very fortunate to have been able to live in the place where you were born - part of the fabric of the town.

Jane McLellan said...

Such fun.

Pigmini said...

Watched Shakespeare Live on TV... Absolutely Fantastic!! The number of actors and 'wannabe' actors was brilliant!! VBG 'To be or NOT to be....' LOL

Looking forward to normal service being resumed!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I must get a passport and save my pennies so that I can come visit you some day!

Jane Eborall said...

Yes it is, Maureen. That whole area has been restored recently. There are some spectacular stained glass windows in the Swan Theatre.

Bev said...

Great videos Jane! I saw bits and pieces on TV here in Sydney. I looked for you in the crowds but you must have been busy elsewhere.

Michelle said...

What fun! Thank you for sharing your videos! From people's clothing it didn't look very warm, I felt sorry for those beautiful dancers with the bare feet. Wonderful fireworks too!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Wonderful videos and fireworks(!), and amazing history of your family in Stratford! Beautiful town! I have English ancestors (going back to 1600s; but great-grandparents came to America in 1870). I have an affinity for the English countryside and architecture! Glad you had a great time!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.