18 December 2015

New friends and a new shuttle

Look what arrived a few days ago.  All the way from Australia.  A beautiful shuttle.  The flower is the Cooktown Orchid, the state emblem of Queensland, so Judith told me.  It's much, much prettier in real life.

The shuttle came from Judith Connors who I had the pleasure of meeting in Canada.  I must admit I was nervous about meeting her as she's such an iconic person in Tat Land.  A true expert whereas I dither at tatting, Judith has become a guru on the craft.  AND you should see her work.  WOW.  

Now, the ladies in the picture below the shuttle are Terry, Judith, Ruth and (the dozy one on the far right) - me!  I can't tell you how wonderful those three ladies were.  I'll never be able to thank them enough for their hospitality and the truly wonderful time I had with them.  Can't WAIT to go back.   





9 comments:

Maureen said...

Beautiful picture of all of you!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I was all in a dither about meeting you! Imagine what would happen if I had the opportunity to meet Judith... you lucky girl! The shuttle is lovely!

Jane Eborall said...

Yer daft moo. And afterwards you probably wished you hadn't!!!!

Madtatter80 said...

What a nice pleasant picture, giving warm tatting feelings, nice shuttle to commemorate the friendship!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we did have a great time together, Jane. The Canadian hospitality was wonderful.
Judith

Bernice said...

Great gift to commemorate the meeting of tatters across the world. Thank you for speaking so nicely of Canada.

Jenn said...

Lovely shuttle and a beautiful photo of you four :).

Jane Eborall said...

How could anybody not love Canada and the Canadians? From arriving at the airport (friendly immigration officers) to leaving I met smiles and generosity all the way. I'll be back!

Batty Tatter said...

I hope someday you can come to western Canada. There aren't many of us tatters out here, but we'd love to have you.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.