5 December 2015

During a tidy up

I simply had to tackle the tatting cupboard once again. The second picture shows you just a small part of the - hmmmmm, 'problem'. 

The reason it gets in such a state is because I've never QUITE got BC3 trained  to put things away properly.  I try with bribery and corruption but nothing seems to work.  Well, not since I gave up on chocolate over a year ago in my quest to lose weight.

The top picture is one of my 'finds'. Over the many years of being on the internet I've been given samples of threads. Wonderful - but me, being me, has always kept them 'for special things' and the stash has kept growing and growing quietly in a corner.  This tidy up has prompted me to use them so I'll show you another day what I've been using some of them for.


6 comments:

Maureen said...

It's all looking perfectly tidy now! -but it's fun to be a little disorganised because so many things you have forgotten about turn up and bring joy all over again! I had a professor at University a millennium ago who was famous for being incurably untidy and disorganised. He always used to say that if he were to die suddenly, there would be not a single person who would know what any of his clutter meant - but that he knew exactly at which point on a particular pile of books or papers he would find whatever he was looking for. When he did die suddenly a few years later, I remembered that and wondered what "they" would have made of the floor-to shoulder high piles of books and papers in his study.Brilliant man, I've never forgotten him.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Would you like to come help tidy my craft room this summer? I'm sure we can unearth some treasures! ;-)

Jane Eborall said...

Ooooooh, yes please! Can I bring my friend Sue Anna with me?

God's Kid said...

Hmmmm...that is my project:tidying, starting next week. I am positive that it's not going to get finished, but I figure a start is good! :) And that pile of save threads is what my pile of HDT threads looks like.

GoldenMom said...

Truly needed here too.....organizing and cleaning the "stash" of goodies is on my "to do" list after the holidays. Right now, my threads are everywhere. Ha.

Bernice said...

Your cupboard looks awesome. Love those hook on under shelves or whatever they are called.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.