24 August 2015

Abandonned edging


Not one of my best ideas for colours! This is an edging I started for a handkerchief. A plain white one. 

The thread is from Edda and you can see all about it here.

It's a delight to use and that wasn't why I cut the shuttles off. I just didn't like how it was turning out!!  I think it's a lack of contrast between the plain and the variegated or it could be simply that I didn't really like it for the white hanky.  Just me and my weird way of thinking.

So, I started something else with the same shuttles and I'll show you once it's finished. 

7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's a pretty edging! I can see why you think it's too much of a contrast. There's no sense in carrying on if it doesn't look right to you!

Madtatter80 said...

I not sure depends on the fabric you put it with :)

God's Kid said...

Looks like it was a great start!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

I hope there will be a use for that fragment.

Fox said...

I rather like the look... even for a white hankie!

Going now to check out that thread... : )

Marilee Rockley said...

Poor little abandoned edging! The "over the top" color combo reminds me of children happily coloring with crayons, and it's got that kind of charm. I hope it finds a home.

Fox said...

Wow! Over $16.00 for postage! No thanks!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.