4 June 2015

Round 2


Well here's round 2 and I'm beginning to wonder what I've started by using the beads!!! 

Now don't get me wrong - I love the beads but it's now becoming obvious that I'll have to get dear old BC3 out to help on each round and plan before I work it!! 

This round is relatively easy. All I've done is leave a 'bare' picot on each chain ready for the joins on the next round. BUT I looked ahead and trembled when I saw the problems ahead with the other rounds!!!! 

What am I doing? Answer? Having fun, really. It's so lovely to do something without designing from scratch - BUT, after just a few days, I feel the urge to make something else that's been on my list for a long time.  The doily is shortly to be relegated to 'relaxing time' rather than 'real tatting'!!!

Oh, if anybody wants a copy of my notes on how I'm doing this then please ask. I will tell you, though, that you will need a copy of the pattern too.  First of all you'll need it for the diagrams (essential) and secondly because I won't share unless you have bought the magazine. I'm not about to break copyright laws!!!!  Not fair on Jan's family.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Cream and white - perfect! But I can't think of the Monster Doily as a relaxing pattern - maybe there's hope for me yet.

Pigmini said...

Yes please miss!! I do have the pattern!!!

Jenn said...

Looks great so far :).

TAT19540 said...

I have the pattern but will need you and Diane C help to figure it out. The first couple of rounds look easy. I'm just going to have to diagram it out with all stitch counts. I don't have corrected pages either any help there would be great.

God's Kid said...

It looks beautiful!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm enjoying this doily, and I find it very relaxing. I just need gobs of time to work on it, which I will have starting Tuesday!

Debbie Arnold said...

Hi Jane, I have the magazine and am already struggling with a cupping row 1. I would love to have your notes on stitch counts!

Jane Eborall said...

Drop me an email, Debbie and I'll send you the full document. I've added beads and done away with the fluffy picots but the stitch count should work!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.