27 May 2015

MAJOR warning - BEWARE

This is a warning that I hope you'll heed. I wasn't sure whether to blog about it or not but in the end decided it was in the sole interest of all tatters worldwide.

I didn't take the decision lightly. I thought about it for days (well, a few minutes, actually). So, hold tight and prepare to be - well, shocked.

This has only come about because I put on big girl's panties last year and traveled alone to the USA and enjoyed the braveness of doing it and getting home again safely. I've been 'nagged' (well asked!) for ten years to go to Canada to teach at the Fringe Element Tat Days so after last year's experience of solo traveling I offered tentatively to go. 

This is the warning - BEWARE - I'm teaching at the Fringe Element in September. Here's the link to see who else is going and what they're offering too.

Oh, I'll also be teaching Kelly to tat. She thinks she can but she uses a needle and we all know that needles are for sewing and not tatting, don't we?



11 comments:

Pigmini said...

Hmmm.... Big Girl ones eh?? Now the major question is .... are those scissors going to wreak havoc?? VBG

We KNOW you are going to have fun... unless we hijack you at the airport of course.... Rofl

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Have fun! I'm really looking forward to seeing Kelly's shuttle tatting. ;-)

Unknown said...

Well, now I will have to go! I have never been to any tatting events, they always seem too far, BUT, to maybe get to meet you ... Hummmm so tempting. Glad you are coming to Canada.

Patti said...

The Fringe isn't the only group that has been nagging, begging, pleading and bribing you to come. So when will the Shuttlebirds get to see you?

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to disagree, Jane, but needles are for knitting...

8-)

dani, the geek

Phyllis said...

We will miss you at Tat Days. Fringe Elements will enjoy having you there. PS - I always enjoyed traveling in my single years. I loved the sense of adventure and doing what I wanted without anyone else around.

Tatfully Yours said...

Are you needling me!!! Be careful....when you get here I leave you in stitches!!! Tatting stitches that is!!! With a needle too!!

Ladytats said...

oh Jane, what a wonderful experience for you and them! Have a great time.

Jane McLellan said...

That's very exciting for you! And Kelly.

Jane Eborall said...

Seriously looking forward to actually meeting Kelly as we've been teasing each other for years!!! Maybe she'll put ants in my bed or other horrific things in revenge, eh? I'll keep you all posted!!! Do hope to meet you, Helene. AHA, Dani, I forgot knitting!!!

Tatfully Yours said...

Don`t hold your breathe!! I don`t think it will be pretty!! :))

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.