28 December 2013

Just for a change!


As I regularly do - I decided that I ought to re-visit this pattern and I'm glad I did.  This is the first of several trials I'm doing of the Fantasy Flower. 

The main reason for looking this pattern over again is to see if I can improve it's 'understandability'!!!!  I'll need to do the drawings again as the originals were done on a PC and now I use a Mac so the software didn't 'transfer'.  Mind, I do like drawing on the computer - very therapeutic but hard too when you have thread and shuttles wound round your hands as well!!!

This isn't a very good picture as it was scanned.  I'll try for a better one later using the camera!!

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love it! I am terrible at drawing on the computer, but I'm also terrible at drawing on paper. So, I think I'll leave the designing to you! :-)

Nancy G said...

Jane, it is beautiful! The flower can have sooo many different color bead combination! Wow, it this from a scanner, I can only imagine what the 'real' piece looks like!

Jane McLellan said...

Lovely colours! Makes me think of a granadilla or passion fruit flower.

Susan said...

How do you even start designing a pattern? I don't know where to begin.

Jane Eborall said...

Not easy, Susan LaVonne Meyer!!! Sometimes I just start to tat, sometimes draw a bit first but mostly it's a case of tatting and re-tatting up to a dozen times before I'm happy that it works. Then there's the writing it down and drawing the diagrams. Keeps me busy!!!

Tally Tatty said...

Thank you , Jane for teaching the world to tat. I want to make this amazing piece of art!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.