2 October 2013

Meeting another tatter


One of the advantages of living in a tourist town is that occasionally you get to meet another tatter and one who has had the patience to track you down!!!!  This past year or so I've been very lucky that several have dragged me out of my tatting pit!!!!  You know - the place where I sit and play on my own and drive myself (and Nick) mad!!!!!

Last Saturday I met up with Pamela Myers who lives near Cork in Ireland - a most beautiful part of our planet, I believe.  She gave me this sweet little pendant made in one of her hand dyed threads which can be found here.

I was very naughty with poor Pamela and her husband (Alan).  I persuaded them to meet up again on Sunday morning and took them round the town on my 'alternative' guide to Shakespeare's 'neck of the woods'.  Thankfully they'd kindly brought some lovely weather with them!!!!

Oh, a picture of the two of us in the pub!!!!

10 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

What fun!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

My dream is to visit the UK when I retire and make the tatting rounds. Look out... you and Pamela are on my list!

petozi Design said...

Nice to see my pattern going around the world.
With rainbow colors it is fun!
Happy Tatting
Petra

Jane Eborall said...

Petra - your design and the colours from Pamela are great. As you say - such fun and very flattering too.

tattrldy said...

How nice she came to see you. And for her the added enjoyment of a local guide :-) I always enjoy meeting other tatters.

God's Kid said...

Lovely pendant!! I love her rainbow colorway!!! :)

Fox said...

Ohhhhh!! Two of my favourite tatters! Together in one pub! What could be finer. So glad you two had a visit.
Fox : ))

Margarets designer cards said...

It must be nice to meet another tatter, glad you had a great day.
Margaret

Batty Tatter said...

I think it would be soo fun to spend a day visiting Jane. I would spend 3/4 of the time with shuttles in hand.

Tally Tatty said...

Congratulations , Jane to you and you r3x 5x 10 to the power of 8 braincells. It took me a dayto work out BC3, because I have only
2x 10 to the power of 8 braincells. That is because I stopped tatting 25 years ago. Gosh, you could already tat one year before I was born..
GRRRRR I'll get that baby-car ready, just you wait!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.