17 August 2013

More Tatting Tidy pots


Now I have five more pots to put in my Etsy shop.   Hmmmm, well I have to sort out the photographs first, crop, re-size etc before I list them.  I'll start that this morning and hope to get a few up today.

I make the pots in batches.  I cut out a set and and then do the preparation in three 'stages'.  

First I iron the vilene onto the pockets (it's sticky backed) and also make sure that all the other pieces are ironed too.

Part two consists of sewing the heavy duty stiffening onto the denim bottoms and measuring all the pockets, pinning and sewing them down.  

Part three is when I make the handles and add the circular bottoms to the pocketed part and the plain lining to the denim reinforced inner bottom.

Finally I assemble the whole thing.  This is (naturally) the part I like best!!!  

Oh, you see the slight 'bulge' at the top of the pockets?  That's there to make them easier to use and stop shuttles etc 'bulging' into the inside.  Well, I know what I mean!!  I do know that it makes it harder to assemble them but who said life should be easy?!?!?

10 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

My Tatting Tidy has been put to work! It's very convenient, and Dave even likes it! I'll have to get Denise's to her this weekend. Thanks, Jane!

CathyZ said...

I love mine too! Everything I need is right there, and my tatting doesn't tangle when I put it away.

Tatfully Yours said...

They look really handy!!!! Might have to get me one of them!! Do you deliver?
Kelly

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Kelly, I would happily deliver IF you learned to use a shuttle!!!!!! ROFL!!!!!

Susie said...

I am planning to get a ladybug one as soon as they list!

Madtatter80 said...

hey could you stand a ruler beside them or list the dimensions. I have a ruff time with pictures, and it's possible you mentioned this before, and I for got. these look very tempting to buy and I love to sew too!

Jane Eborall said...

Susie - I hope to get those up tomorrow - there are two ladybug ones!!!

God's Kid said...

Those are so neat!!! :)

Susie said...

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be sure to check Etsy when I get home from church.

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Madtatter80 the measurements are on the listings. I also put a ball of Lizbeth thread inside so you'd get an idea of the sizing from that too.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.