15 May 2013

Curtain progress

I haven't given up the day job (crochet) and this is just a quick update on the first curtain.  The curtain is what I'm going to do while sitting in the garden this summer.  Main problem is that summer came and went.  It lasted two days which happened last week.  In fact we're now back to winter so I'm doing it inside on spare minutes in the afternoons.

The top picture is the original 'picture' one that's up there at the moment.  

The next picture is a 'long distance' one to show you progress.  At the moment I've done 11" of the 30" (ish) required so that's just over a third of the way - IF that's how it turns out.

Of course I have to keep reminding myself that there's another to do and MAYBE another pair (slightly smaller) for the bedroom but I'm not planning on that (the bedroom) at the moment!!!  Time and inclination comes into that equation!!!

The final picture is a closeup so you can see the pattern that's repeated.  Here's a link to find the pattern.  It's interesting enough to not get boring but not complicated like the picture one.  No rows and rows of 'just open filet' to work either.


12 comments:

Wendy said...

wow, that's going to take some dedication ... looks lovely xx

Maureen said...

It's going to be beautiful! - but I love the picture curtain too, that is gorgeous. I hope your summer will return so that you can enjoy working on the curtain outside.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I need to make some new curtains for my bathroom, but I'm not sure I'm up to crocheting them! That's quite an undertaking!

Julie Romero said...

Wow...quite the project, they will be beautiful!

Charlotte said...

I love filet crochet. I have been trying to learn to tat but can't master the double stitch just yet.

Fox said...

I was so inspired I looked for HOURS at filet crochet patterns online - there are so many freebies available... and was sorely tempted to rest the shuttles. : ))

I am afraid to begin because I will be off in Crochet-Land on some humungous adventure and I know where all that leads. So, I shall watch your progress instead, unless temptation wins out!
Fox : ))

linb54 said...

oh my that's so pretty, bookmarked it for later use. I can't wait to see the finished product in your windows.

Crazy Mom! said...

So you're going to do some for MY windows too? It's really pretty.

rsmre said...

Hello, Jane. Here is a link to a YouTube video that shows how to make a no-turn-chain-dc. Instead of chaining 2 or 3 at the end of a row this method makes a stitch that looks exactly like a dc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LxYpo-tyi8
I know this comes a bit late for your current project, but it could be useful for future projects.
Have a great day, Rosemarie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LxYpo-tyi8

Jane McLellan said...

Love your picture curtain! I did filet crochet similar to your bottom one a long time ago to make a top for my daughter. I agree, enough concentration required to make it interesting.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks everybody. It's certainly keeping me busy!!!! Big thanks to rsmre for the link. I'll try that when and IF I get to do some for the bedroom curtains too. Such a good idea. NO, Crazy Mom - I've seen the quantity and SIZE of your windows - I'd NEVER get them finished for that many!!!!

Ladytats said...

That is a pretty design, enough negative space to let in the light, enough coverage to create privacy.
11" already, good for you.
I will have to check the youtube link. I do enough crochet, that I am looking for short cuts there all the time.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.