11 March 2013

New shuttles and hooks

I spent ages getting a new lot of shuttles and hooks with hats on into the shop yesterday.  They will be released on Thursday 14th at 20.00 GMT in my Etsy shop which is here.  This time some of the shuttles have been oiled with a Danish oil.  When 'im in the garage came round with them all on Friday he told me that they were oiled and later thoroughly rubbed to remove the excess.  I'm totally in love with them.

3 COCOBOLA ROSEWOOD $33.60 each
3 PURPLEHEART $32.70 each
1 EBONY $36.25
2 ZEBRANO $32.70 each
3 OREGAN MYRTLE $28.00 each
3 MAHONIA $33.60 each
2 AMERICAN BLACK WALNUT $28.00 each
3 CHERRY $28.00 each
2 APPLE $28.00 each
3 PEAR $28.00 each
1 LABURNAM $28.00
2 SEQUOIA $28.00 each
2 MAHOGANY $28.00 each
2 ROSEWOOD $28.00 each
3 EUCALYPTUS $28.00 each

Then there are the hooks.  These vary too with many different woods.  Some are 0.4mm and some are 0.5mm.   They now have the plastic caps which came with the original hooks.  'Im in the garage said that the wooden ones took him far too long to make and he felt his time was better spent making more shuttles!!!  I agree.
18 Hooks with plastic caps will be available at $10.00 each.

Oh, there's one gorgeous post shuttle but I'll tell you about that tomorrow!!!





6 comments:

Tatfully Yours said...

Very pretty!! (If you like that kind of thing)
Kelly

Jane Eborall said...

Kelly, your revenge must be sweet!!! Heeee, heee, heeee!!! I'll get you using a shuttle one day even if I have to paddle my own canoe over the pond to Canada!!!!

Susie said...

Would you be willing to add pictures to your pop-a-bobbin page of the "new" woods...regular rosewood and mahogany for sure? Thanks.

TAT19540 said...

Ooh shuttles! They will look good in my collection. And Kelly I have a large selection of tatting needles too that I use for certain threads and projects, along with netting kneedles and celtic shuttles. Sometimes a lace maker justs needs these things. lol.
So when you paddle over the pond hit up the Great Lakes and come to Chicogo!"

Jane Eborall said...

Susie - thanks for the suggestion. I've done it!!!! They're at the bottom of the page.

Susie said...

Jane, you are the best. Of course, now I NEED to get two shuttles instead of just one!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.