6 June 2011

A month old tatter.


So you are going to be SOOO impressed.  Sarka's email popped into my inbox a week or so ago and I couldn't believe that she's only been tatting a month or so.  Just look what she tackled off my site!  Woweeee.  This is what she said:-

"My name is Sarka a and I have found your web with many wonderful tatting patterns. I tried tatting about three years ago but was completely unsuccessful and was not able to make a stitch. I gave it away and tried again a month ago and now I was successful and made some small flakes according to free patterns of Jon Yussof and Jan Stawasz. How I was happy. I am begginer (tatter for only one month) and self-taugt, so I am really happy for all improvement.

When I saw you Flowery SCMR bookmark, I was glamoured because it is so beautiful. And I said to myself - I must try it! Now I would like to show you what I have done and many thank you for this wonderful pattern!!! :-)) It was quite difficult for me, I did not know some methods what I need to do this bookmark. But I have found it on You tube, and learn how to do it and I am very happy I achieved.
Many thanks for this beautiful pattern again and I wish you many other pretty tatting!!!
Sarka (Czech rep.)"






16 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely bookmark, gorgeous colours
Margaret

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I know I wasn't that good after a year, and Sarka's been tatting a month?! Great job, Sarka! Thanks for sharing, Jane!

Cindy said...

Wow! You're right - beautiful work. I still haven't gotten that bookmark just right, and I've been tatting much longer than one month :)
See how inspiring you are?

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Wow, very impressive for a beginner. The colors on her bookmark look so pretty.

Fox said...

Holy moly! This is AMAZING!

How on earth can she do all this after only one month? Rock on Sarka! You are a natural!
Fox : ))

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!

Rosemarie

Crazy Mom! said...

Holy Moley, I'm gob smacked! She's only been tatting a month? gorgeous work, and using 2 thread colors and beads!!!

Great work Sarka!

Thanks for showcasing, Jane - we need to encourage all new (and old) tatters!

Suztats said...

Wow! Way to go Sarka!
What a nice feeling you must have had reading that email. Yay!

Marilee Rockley said...

How sweet! Her tatting is already excellent.

Ladytats said...

all I can say is to repeat ~WOW~!!
Sarka, you are an amazing tatter.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Sarka is an inspiration and a testimony to the wonderful learning tools now available on the internet. My congratulations to her for hunting up the tutorials she needed and learning on her own. Her work is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Many many many thanks all of you for your appreciation!!! I am really very happy that I learned tatting. I started with tatting this April and I am totally excited. Your words pleased me much and it is very very encouraging for next work :-)). If you want to have a look on other of my work - here is my web http://www.capella.estranky.cz/ - my other hooby is crocheting. Thank you very much!!!!
Sarka

tattrldy said...

Wow! I just did that bookmark a few weeks ago and I don't think mine looked that good! It's so great to have patterns and instruction help on the Internet. Great job, Sarka, and thanks, Jane, for sharing with us.

Ridgewoman said...

Congratulations on a job very well done, Sarka. It really is truly amazing, we aren’t just flattering you. LOL I know my first tatting did not look like that. I bet your crochet work is beautiful, too.
Keep up the good work and happy tatting
Beverly (Ridgewoman)

Miranda said...

Wow, she's got so many techniques under her belt already! This is amazing!

Sally Kerson said...

Colours and tatting are great

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.