13 July 2010

While I was away

Life is amazing sometimes.  There I was on this small island off our south coast, in a small seaside town with plenty of charity shops when I turned a corner and found a BEAD SHOP!!!!  What a wonderful surprise!  Not only that but it was a GREAT bead shop too!!!!  

Unfortunately we were parked on the street with only half an hour's free time.  I came away with this little 'stash' which (of course) I didn't really 'need', did I?  Anyway I asked the guy if he'd got an online shop and he gave me his card so I could find it easily - here's the url.

So, what have I got here?  There are two strands of 'beads' (well they have got holes through the middles!) which were 'cheap as chips' at £1.50 a strand.  There are some rings which are rubberised and which got my old brain cell # 3 woken up!!  Next are some clasps (top left) which could be very useful for hanging things onto my handbag - like keys etc and two more cell phone lanyards for putting dangles on!!!  

Finally there's a kilt pin with three loops (top) which will be used to make a brooch for my winter coat.  Not sure yet quite how this will work out but just 'watch this space'.  NO, not the space where my brain is - THIS one on my blog!!!!

6 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Its great to find a shop that you never knew existed, great find and I am wondering what you are going to do with it all, I will keep my eyes open Margaret

Gina said...

Von's here has lots of those flat disk beads. I can never make up my mind what color to get! Also, those round rubber rings? Someone locally designed jewelry with them and has published a book. I met her during a gallery opening last year. Very intriguing. I bought a bunch of the rings but have not done anything with them yet. This happens way too often with me! Glad you had such a wonderful and relaxing trip!

victats@gmail.com said...

I've got similar orange disks! I was just playing with them on the weekend. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Sally Kerson said...

I'm sure you will come up with some great ideas for all those goodies - we are all waiting!!!!

Typstatting said...

What a great find cant wait to see what you will make with all those goodies!!!!!!!!!!

Suztats said...

I'm gonna have fun watching!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.