5 May 2010

A butterfly brain - but not a butterfly!

Somebody once told me I'd got a butterfly brain and I'm beginning to think they're right!!!!  I never seem to get one thing finished before I start another!!!
I bought some wee four hole buttons off ebay - they're just under half an inch.  Actually it was Sally who showed me hers which 'forced' me to buy off the same seller.

This is what I'm doing with them.

I am using some of the Lizbeth thread that Sue Anna gave me and also (to follow!) some of my HDT too.  This one is SO pretty on the white pearlised button.  


There is a technique in this which I have used before - on the Lotus Flower brooch.  This is a teensy bit fiddly on this smaller button but it does 'anchor' the second round (and the first) to the edge of the button.  If you look at the second picture (the back) you'll see how well this works.   The neatness doesn't come about through me being 'fussy' - it just 'happens' that way.  I've nearly got the pattern finished to share too.


This is a rings and chains only design with a few beads added - 'just because'!!!!!  Well some of us round here can't tat without beads, can we?!?!?

 

14 comments:

Typstatting said...

Most unusual and very pretty!

Bonnie said...

Goodness!, is that cute or what?!?! Super cute as a pin, or on a card, or on a pony tail holder for a little girls hair, the possiblities are endless.

Cute, cute, cute!

Fox said...

Very cool - looks like fun to tat. I am a sucker for those turquoise beads, which I think would look lovely on just about anything! The buttons are neat, too.
Fox of Crow Tendencies

Corina said...

Very cute!

God's Kid said...

Very pretty! :) Have a great day!

Creation|Collaboration said...

Thank you for joining in our blog hop!
We've been working on a website and forum to share with you all, come and sign up and join in as much as you like! The forum will help us to get to know you and your business better and hopefully we can all help each other make our business' more popular! Heres the link http://creationcollaboration.webs.com/index.htm Go to the right hand side where it says members area, click on register and fill out a few details, we will confirm you as a member and away you go!
Thanks again for your support, hopefully we'll see you in the C|C forum! x

Mrs Plans and Presents said...

wow these are really pretty.
Thankyou for following the CC Blog Hop .
Would love you to follow mine http://www.plansandpresents.blogspot.com as well as CC.
Have a great day x

Martha said...

Ooooh, buttons....

TAT19540 said...

pretty, pretty. I love that color thread too! How big is it totally? Too big for earrings??!!

Valerie said...

Very pretty. Jane, the yellow layer floats! How did you do that?

Jane Eborall said...

Hi TAT19540 - the size is just under an inch and a half when worked on a half inch four hole button. I guess that with some fiddling it could be made on a smaller button with thinner thread but the outer joins would be fiddly!!!!! It would make a super brooch.

Lelia said...

love it!

Patty C. said...

TOO Cute
Well Done :)

Paula C. said...

This is beautiful and I would really like to try tatting with buttons now =)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.