15 April 2009

More bookmarks

Yesterday I found time to list some of the new poke proof pouches in my Etsy shop - the shuttle and pansy fabric ones.

Well it was SO funny. I finished listing (which takes me quite a time as I'm easily distracted) and went straight downstairs to make a cup of tea. When I got back upstairs again with the tea I found one of them had already sold!!! No, I didn't drop the tea but it was a close thing!!

These bookmarks are from my sister. She made them following Jane's pattern.
I asked what threads she'd used and she said they were old fine ones which she doubled up. Aren't they just SO pretty?

10 comments:

Gina said...

These are really pretty colors. I remember Wilma Walker talking about how when she started having trouble seeing size 80 in stitches, she combined the threads which made it a bigger thread, but also produced some interesting color combinations.

Unknown said...

very pretty! The colors looks soft and muted in the photo.

Maureen said...

Must be a family trait, combining threads!
I'm waiting for the "ornery" bags!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hello Jane, Lovely bookmarks! The colors look so pretty combined. Does your sister design patterns too? Does she have a webpage or a blog yet?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Have a great day!

Marty said...

How pretty! I like the way combined threads look -- such subtle color changes.

Suzanne said...

I wasn't joking when I told you that I seriously coveted one of the pouches. Been waiting with index poised to click for days! Didn't mean to give you a turn.

Anonymous said...

The book marks are pretty.I am new at needle tatting.I am going to by a needle and try my luck at doing it.When I get it down pat then I'm going to try and make some book marks myself.But I have to learn the basics of doing it 1st.Keep the good work up.

tattrldy said...

Glad you didn't spill your tea! They do look good. And so do the bookmarks. Tell your sister we like them!

Tattycat said...

Congratulations on the quick sales! I know that is exciting. The bookmarks are very pretty. Great idea for the thread I can't see anymore.

Valerie said...

they are really pretty. i do see the double threads when the image is enlarged. cool!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.