9 March 2009

Still playing with buttons!!

Although I've officially 'finished' with buttons somebody suggested purple and red!!! So, here we go - purple and red!!! I've also added the t-shirt which I've sewn them onto. I didn't put them 'in a line' or 'round the neck' as I wanted something different. When I get the time (and inclination!) I'll take a picture of 'the old git' wearinig it!!!

I managed to upload the pattern page yesterday although I spent nearly two hours trying to get the link working back to the home page. I was almost ready to throw the computer through the window and it still doesn't work!!

I couldn't spend any longer struggling with it as I had arranged to go and try to help a lady who lives round the corner from me. We first met at Silver Surfers and she popped into the library last week to ask if I could help set up her computer on broadband. I did warn her that I'd never done that before but heroically set off to try. Before I got to her house I'd got soaked and hurt by a terrific hail storm.

I am over the moon. I managed with no bother at all to set up the broadband connection, do all the necessary downloads (virus signatures, windows updates, java, Firefox, etc). Does a new career await me?!?!?!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Very cool button flowers.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Purple, red, and beads... beautiful!

Needledreams said...

They looks so pretty all sew up! I downloaded yesterday the buttons pattern and will try to play with them today. I was thinking that you join the button as you tat. But I read the pattern and you sew the button to the tatting. That's simpler than to join the button as tatting. :-) Love the red/purple one!

Stephanie said...

Hello, Jane! Love the button flowers. Is that a lock stitch chain to make the petals? Very cool use of the technique. I'm just starting to get back into the swing of things. Tatting on a button looks like a good project to do right about now.

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, Steph, it is a lock stitch chain on the 2nd button!!
I didn't join to the button as I tatted, Wally, as I wanted the button to show this time. On other button patterns I've joined to the button to 'hide' it!!

Unknown said...

The button flowers look so pretty on your T shirt. THat purple and red wasn't a request from a Red Hat lady, was it, LOL!?

Gina said...

I love the way you arranged the buttons on your shirt. I hope you weren't hurt too badly from the hail! How big was it? Tiny bits of ice can slice right through you.

Unknown said...

Those are so neat!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.