8 May 2008

Twins!

This is a picture which Maureen Lawrence sent to me. I'm just green with jealousy as she's expecting twins. Well, not her exactly but they are due or have arrived in the family.
Having taught several sets of twins over the years (I had four sets in one class one year) I've always found them fascinating. Anyway, here's her explanation.


Hello Jane - an over-burdened stork! At your suggestion, I decided to leave the heads and feet out as I think they would all have got tangled up - the pink and blue slings look fine on their own.
John did the scan, and he wasn't terribly careful about positioning the legs, but he is a very nice stork indeed, and I really enjoyed tatting him. I've put the stork on a card mount, on one side of a double picture frame, which I will give to Nicola - she can either put a picture of both babes on the other side, or remove the stork and use both sides of the frame.
Thanks so much for your help - the Big Day is tomorrow, and I know I won't sleep tonight.

Maybe this time, I will be able to join in the TIAS - we'll see!

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Now that is one cute stork!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi Jane, I wanted to leave a comment for Maureen, hope she reads this.

Maureen, Your tatted stork is adorable with his two bundles of joy! I'm sure Nicola will adore your idea to put the babies pictures with the tatted stork!

Congratulations to Nicola!

Tattycat said...

Too cute! I'll have to check out that pattern. Congratulations to Maureen and her family!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.