3 April 2008

I've given up!!!

Well I've given up trying to work this out the 'proper' way and am just going back to 'Jane's' way of hit and miss!!!! This is where I've got to so far - see below!!!
I am now pretty sure that the square is fine so have started a 'church window' type of patchwork. I'm calling it that as the black outline resembles the lead around the windows in churches. This was one evening's work. Obviously I haven't pressed it yet.
The next thing I'll work is another diamond between the two squares - just to check that it really will lie well. As soon as this is done I will add the amended diamond pattern to my web pages and add the square.
I've amended the diamond with red italics to show front/back sided tatting for those who want to work this way. The more I use this notation and work like this the more I love it. Thank you Gary Houtz for pointing this out to me a few years ago at Rosemarie Peel's house.
Oh, by the way, the orange and pink are MUCH brighter than the scan shows!!!

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I like it so far! I think the colors look great!

OmonSan said...

What detail - I get weary just looking at it. AND impressed that you take on such a piece of work. I'm sure it will be lovely once it is done and I'm eagerly looking forwad to see it!!

Tattycat said...

Quite a night's work that! I am anxious to see it develop.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.